Should I or shouldn't I buy land as an investment in the Sedona Real Estate Market?

Posted By Barbara Baker @ Feb 26th 2011 3:15pm In: Sedona AZ Real Estate

So you want to invest in the Sedona Real Estate and Sedona Homes for sale marketplace and don't have a bucket of money? What's a person to do you ask?  Buy land.  If you listen to me at all - and who knows if you do - but if you listen to me at all - and want to get your foot into our marketplace - buy the land.  Cause as Mark Twain said... They ain't making that any more.  And let's not forget that Sedona with those pretty red rocks is surrounded by National Forest.  And remember there are lots of people who make money off of those beautiful red rocks from the local, state and federal government. So everyone is very aware of the little gem called Sedona and keeping it as the little gem that it is.  All of that leads to the fact that once the land is built on - it's built on. They won't be making any more of it.  And I believe that 85% of the land in Sedona has been built on - which leaves only 15%.  And currently land prices have dropped so significantly that in some instances you can buy a piece of land for $65,000.  There is land in the most prestigious gated communities in Sedona that is priced in the high 100's to mid 200's.  Let's remember that in the peak of 2005 - the average sold price was $519,000. Comparing that to 2010 sold prices of $135,000 - you can see the great value! Remember the old adage when buying in the Sedona Real Estate or Sedona Homes for Sale Marketplace - buy low and sell High.  Well it's the same with a house as it is with a piece of dirt.  So for all of you dreamers out there who thought you couldn't get into Sedona because of the staggering prices - now would be the time to start dreaming again.  And there are lot lenders in the arena.  If you need a list of great lot lenders in AZ - just let me know. So Land HO!  give me a call or text me at 928-301-0669 for all your buying and selling needs in the Sedona Real Estate or Sedona Homes for Sale Marketplace.  You can also email, visit the website, link up at linked in, or become a Fan of the Sedona Real Estate Page on Face book.

Comments (0)

Comments have been closed for this post.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.